Home / Library Guide / Visiting External Academic Libraries

Visiting External Academic Libraries

If you visit external academic libraries to use materials which are not held in KU, please check the websites below and each university to confirm terms of use:

   Your ID or a referral letter may be required. 

   You may have to contact the library beforehand (even if not required, we recommend contact the library prior to your visit.).

Please access the library website where you wish to visit to check the online catalogue and check the library calendar. Materials may be unavailable to use: on loan, on binding or laboratory books.

If you need a referral letter, please contact to your library or fill out this form (with plenty of time!). We will prepare it for the members of the KU Engineering community. It takes a few business days.